Applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicant must be a registered charity (with its own RR number) or qualified donee (Canadian amateur athletic association, municipalities, school).
- Applicant must maintain a volunteer board that meets regularly.
- Applicant must host an Annual General Meeting.
- Applicant must have financial statements that have been prepared by a licensed public accountant. This includes Notice to Reader, Review Engagement or Audited Financials. Audited Financials are preferred.
If any of the above criteria are not met, applicants must enter into a formal partner sponsorship agreement with a registered charity (with its own RR Number) that meets all the above criteria. This charity will be termed the “Sponsoring Charity”.
- The activities proposed by the applicant must benefit residents in the Northern BC region.
- The applicant’s primary focus and mandate must be within the social services sector.
- The request submitted by the applicant must clearly support stated priority goal(s).
- The applicant (or partnering sponsor organization, in the case of sponsored applicants) must be financially solvent (program cannot rely solely on UWNBC funding).
- The applicant must carry liability insurance (at least $2 million) to cover the program/project seeking UWNBC funding.
APPLICANTS INELIGIBLE FOR FUNDING
- Post-secondary institutions.
- Religious projects.
- Individuals, personal things.
- Programs operated by the federal, provincial or municipal government.
- Fundraising events.
- Deficit or emergency funding.
- Attendance at conferences, workshops or training sessions.
- Capital campaigns, expenditures or capital costs (e.g. equipment, furniture, the construction of a building).
- Groups that do not meet the objectives of UWNBC (3 Pillars, Mission, Vision, Values).
COSTS INELIGIBLE FOR FUNDING
- Retirement of debts or budget deficits.
- Costs for capital equipment or expenses related to construction, or the development of facilities.
- Wage subsidies for program participants.